Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Following Up

Last week I mentioned the article Driving the Meta: N+1 and the Logistics Cruiser, which I thought was quite insightful.  At the time the author, the stupidly-named "FearlessLittleToaster", promised a followup with his idea for how to attack the problems created by remote reps.  Now the followup is there: Driving the Meta: The Remote Logistics Disruptor.
I propose ... the introduction of a module called the Remote Logistics Disrupter (RLD). ... [It] would be identical in all respects to a Stasis Webifier, except that instead of reducing the speed of the target, it would reduce the amount that the target was repaired by incoming reps. The RLD would have no impact on the logistics ship, only the target of the repair disrupter.  
Following the normal stacking penalty progression incoming repairs would be reduced to 50% for the first RLD then 28%, 20%, and 17% with each successive tech one disrupter placed on the target ship. For tech two the progression would be 40%, 19%, 12%, and 10% respectively.
Interesting idea.  It won't solve the blue donut, which is a consequence of easy capital projection and there being no counter to capitals except more capitals.  But at least it's a step in that direction.

Stabs has a lolcat post that makes a good followup to Staying Hidden in Wspace:  Scouting for Dummies.  How should I scout?  I should send in Jayne!

Here's an tangential followup to last week's post, PLEX is Money.  With Chronos, CCP has a new ad on the launcher:
Treasure?
"Treasure it".  Do you think CCP wants seignorage?  I think so!

One final item.  Not a followup, but something I want to note.  Jester, the robo-blogger, has had enough.  He's out.
I am shutting down Jester's Trek. 
Now before you ask, I'm neither quitting nor rage-quitting EVE Online. But over the last few months, I've come to realize that something like 85% to 90% of the stuff I'm doing in and around EVE simply isn't any fun. So I'm going to cut out everything that I'm not finding fun and focus my time on the remaining 10%.
This leaves a big hole in the EVE blogosphere.  The best commentary I have seen on it is Mabrick's.  I share his sentiment.  Thanks, Jester, for the insight and amusement I got from you.  I do expect Jester will eventually return to writing about something, because writers gotta write.  I hope it is EVE Online.  Whatever it is, they'll be lucky to have him.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, so it was YOU that bumped me into that wormhole last night!

    ReplyDelete